Re: How to react on a factually wrong Debian wiki change ?

Hey Thomas!

Thomas Schmitt wrote:

>is perhaps the Debian wiki user StephenKeeling subscribed here ?
>We need to discuss the recent wiki change
>  https://wiki.debian.org/BurnCd?action=diff&rev1=30&rev2=31
>
>Alternatively:
>- Does the wiki have means to contact a particular Debian wiki user ?

Not directly, I'm afraid.

>- Does the wiki have means to discuss facts or to leave messages
>  to other editors why a particular change was undone ?

Moin doesn't directly have the "talk" feature that some other wikis
do, sorry.

>If Steve McIntyre or Joerg Jaspert, the DDs involved with wodim, are
>reading this: Could you please confirm this statement of mine ?
>  "wodim should better not be used with DVD or BD media."

Well, that's me. :-) cdrkit is definitely now EOL, and I don't use it
myself for writing DVD or BD media. You can quote me on that. Feel
free to change the wiki page back to where it was.

As an admin for wiki.debian.org, I'd have BCCed this mail to
StephenKeeling (as I have access to the user account data too), but
he's removed the email address from his account so I can't. :-(

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html