discussing debian wiki on the wiki (was Re: How to react on a factually wrong Debian wiki change ?)

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 06:49:26PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
- Does the wiki have means to discuss facts or to leave messages
 to other editors why a particular change was undone ?

Moin doesn't directly have the "talk" feature that some other wikis
do, sorry.

It can have Discussion pages via "supplementation pages" feature[1]. My
recollection back when we moved to Moin (from kwiki I think?) was that
it was decided by the responsible admins to instead encourage using
debian-www for wiki-related discussion, and to not use Discussion pages.

That was a long time ago and I think it's fair to say that debian-www is
probably not the ideal place for wiki content discussions after all. It
might be worth revisiting the decision, although this (-user) isn't the
place to suggest that. (I might suggest it in the proper place if I have
time next week).

[1] https://moinmo.in/HelpOnConfiguration/SupplementationPage

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀