Re: What is Firefox on Debian Stretch nearest future?

local10 wrote:

> .mozilla folder is where your personal Firefox settings are stored:
> plugins, bookmarks, browsing history, etc. Don't delete .mozilla folder
> unless you want them to be gone.

+1

I am facing similar performance problem. I am almost certain that it has to
do with the fact that  sqlite db where it saves history and so on is very
large - it has been in use since 15+y.
I tried firefox with new profile and it worked nice.
I then raised the question in the mozilla user group and they recommended to
use the refresh from the settings, however I am still not confident that I
will not loose some setting or password for the numberos sites I use

regards