Re: using a Windows 7 disk image with KVM?

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:28:31 +0500
Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

> Depending on source of your disk image I'd try to restore windows
> bootloader (bcdboot) inside disk image and see if that helps. You can
> do it from installation media without proceeding with repair
> procedure. Press Shift-F10 to invoke CMD and from there you can check
> if your disk image is ok, all partitions are intact (via
> diskpart.exe) and restore bootloader inside mounted Windows' boot
> partition (via bcdboot.exe).

Another option is Mini Tool Partition Wizard [1] to repair Windows
bootloaders. It seems the onboard tools, especially bcdboot.exe, can't
fix it always.

Chris

[1] https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html