Re: CdEmu

On 09/21/2018 02:28 AM, deloptes wrote:
> A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
>
>> I am trying to run CdEmu on buster but unable to do so.
>>
>> I get
>>
>> "ERROR: Failed to connect to CDEmu daemon: g-dbus-error-quark: Error
>> calling StartServiceByName for net.sf.cdemu.CDEmuDaemon:
>> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
>> net.sf.cdemu.CDEmuDaemon exited with status 255 (25)
>> "
>> Also, .cdemu-daemon.log
>>
>> Starting CDEmu daemon with following parameters:
>> - num devices: 1
>> - control device: /dev/vhba_ctl
>> - audio driver: default
>> - bus type: session
>>
>> cdemu0: Kernel I/O: failed to open control device /dev/vhba_ctl: No such
>> file or directory!
>> cdemu: Daemon: failed to start device #0!
>> cdemu: Daemon: failed to create device!
>> Daemon initialization and start failed!
>>

>> I installed from deb-multimedia
>>

>> Can anybody suggest to fix?
>
> It looks like you are missing some kernel support. On top the dbus might be
> resulting from this or another issue.
>
> https://cdemu.sourceforge.io/about/vhba/
>
> Look like you need to read a bit more documentation ;-)
>
> regards

Thanks for reply but this had lead me to deeper shit.

Forget it. I have given up. I don't want to screw whole system up.
During the process, I lost libcurl3 and I lost the application that
depends on it. Crap....Now I cannot get it back because of
libcurl4...don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks anyway.

M.W.C.