Re: using a Windows 7 disk image with KVM?

On 21.09.2018 09:55, Chris wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:28:31 +0500
Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

Depending on source of your disk image I'd try to restore windows
bootloader (bcdboot) inside disk image and see if that helps. You can
do it from installation media without proceeding with repair
procedure. Press Shift-F10 to invoke CMD and from there you can check
if your disk image is ok, all partitions are intact (via
diskpart.exe) and restore bootloader inside mounted Windows' boot
partition (via bcdboot.exe).
Another option is Mini Tool Partition Wizard [1] to repair Windows
bootloaders. It seems the onboard tools, especially bcdboot.exe, can't
fix it always.

Chris

[1] https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Thanks, but I've used bcdboot for many years on thousands of computers and it never failed me.

I always prefer to do the job with the tools that are native to OS.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org