Getting rid of Wilber

There is one annoying thing about Gimp. As long as there's no picture
open, there's a nasty creature constantly peeping at me over the edge
of the window.
It appears to be Wilber, the Gimp mascot. There is a small one in the
toolbox, but that one can be removed by setting 'toolbox-wilber' to
'no' in /etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc or ~/.gimp-2.8/gimprc.

But how to get rid of the big one? The developers consider the mascot
'important' and offer no option to remove it.

Now there seem to exist themes for Gimp that offer the option to remove
the logo. For example, this one: www.gnome-look.org/p/1106530/
"Turn off Wilber Logo - small and big logo turned off by default"
But I can't find a download link??

Some people also seem to manage to make the background color equal to
the logo, so you don't see it any more. But I haven't found a theme
that offers this possibility.
By default, there are four themes in /usr/share/gimp/2.0/themes.
They have a gtkrc file in which the background color ("clr9") can be
changed. But then, the color of the logo changes with it, so it is
still visible.

Has anyone found a theme or any other option to remove that logo?