Re: Group ID conflicts between different distros: how to manage them with NIS?

You are right, I forgot to state that yes, I do use NFS to share files - great tip, this GID / UID remapping thing - thanks a lot.

However, it will not solve the problem on how to centrally manage system resources access across distros.

Joao