Re: need help: some words is not easy to understand in /Bugs/server-request

On 2018-08-14, Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> wrote:
><tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 03:34:06PM +0900, Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) wrote:
>>> Hellow, i'm translating to Korean /Bugs section -- WWW. Though i try 3
>>> times for reading again again, i don't understand what means. See below:
>>
>> I can't find the text you are referring to. An URL would be nice.
>>
>> Anyway, I'll try to do my best without context:
>>
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC: text from /Bugs/server-request
>>> The Subject of the message is ignored, except for generating the Subject
>>> of the reply.
>>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> I interpret this as "the only place where the Subject of the message is
>> used is in the Subject of the reply".
>>
>> Perhaps this is about the Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS); some of the
>> bug report's mail headers have a special meaning to the BTS (the To:
>> address, for example, contains the bug ID). That would mean that the
>> Subject itself is not used, except to generate the reply's Subject
>> (which would be important to help the person sending the bug report
>> to correlate the reply (s)he receives).
>>
>> Don't hesitate to ask back if things seem less clear now :-)
>
> So the reply's Subject is important, is this key point?
> The URL was https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-request.en.html
>
> I need more example. Tomas, please...
>
> Thanks for advance...

My take on it is the following.

You send an email to request@bugs.debian.org because you want to know
all about bug # 22:

 Subject: Everything on bug # 22

(body of message containing one command and one control terminator)

 send-detail 22 (command)

 thank you (control terminator)

The automated program derives the subject line of its reply from
the sender's subject line (common practice in the email world):

Reply:

 Subject: Re: Everything on bug # 22

 Blah blah blah blah on bug # 22

--