Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

[This mail was also posted to linux.debian.user.]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 13:30:01 +0200, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 06:24:55AM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
>> I get more mail than that before breakfast. If you've got the right
>> tools, it's easy to deal with.
>
> This is an excellent point.  Many of the people who lodge complaints
> like the one that started this discussion thread have chosen very poor
> tools and thus have conflated the failings of those tools with some
> non-existent inherent problems with mailing lists.

The best was NNTP, but sadly there are not many places where it is still
used. Web and e-mail approach is for more "handicaped" users, and as the
exampes shows, there are many of them. Otherwise the trend would be to
stick to NNTP and not to move to no powerfull solutions.

Regards,
Piotr