Re: What time is it, really?

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> Whoever suggested that is using outdated information.  Install ntp and
> not ntpdate.

I did not suggested this but I also use ntpdate. Especially on laptop that
is not connected to the network all the time it does not make sense, as you
get those nasty mails that ntp server is not reachable.
I added simple cron job many moons ago to let ntpdate run twice a day - why
should I have a daemon running?

anyway, both is valid and one can choose what better suits. The memory
footprint of ntp is indeed really small.

regards