Re: What time is it, really?

The only clock in my house that stays perfectly on time without NTP is my akai s5000 sampler. It runs on a 386 ;)

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 5:39 PM Fred <fred@blakemfg.com> wrote:
On 08/09/2018 12:42 PM, Brian wrote:
> On Thu 09 Aug 2018 at 20:39:16 +0200, john doe wrote:

>>> Sure, whatever you prefer.  There are at least 4 viable alternatives:
>>>
>>> ntp
>>> chrony
>>> openntpd
>>> systemd-timesyncd
>>>
>> Systemd-timesyncd is only a client and using sntp.
>>
>> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-timesyncd.service.html
> Ideal for what the OP wants. Either that or chrony, if he would only
> make his mind up.

Well, what makes you think I haven't made my mind up?

Several years ago I built a "network clock" that receives WWVB time
signals, has a clock display and an Ethernet interface so computers on
the local network can ask for the time.  The hardware works and the
software is able to decode the WWVB time code.  I am interested in
finishing it now.  The computers on the network can use a Perl program
to get the time.

Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Fred