Re: Set the MTU on the interface

On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 01:28:17PM +0300, Алексей wrote:
Well, i can't use the pre-up direcrive without the iface statement. Or I can
use one on the first vlan interface however it seems not very obvious decision
to maintain it later.

You can actually put it on all of the interfaces that need the larger mtu; calling it repeatedly is a no-op.

I followed the advice by Pascal Hambourg (setting the
iface statement to manual) and it worked.

That also works. At one time ifupdown didn't have interface dependencies so this was a potential gotcha in corner cases, but I think it should be fine now.

Mike Stone