Re[2]: Set the MTU on the interface

Hi.

Well, i can't use the pre-up direcrive without the iface statement. Or I can use one on the first vlan interface however it seems not very obvious decision to maintain it later. I followed the advice by Pascal Hambourg (setting the iface statement to manual) and it worked.

Thank you all for help.

Best regards,
Alex

31 июля 2018, 13:36:36, от "Michael Stone" <mstone@debian.org>:

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 03:55:52PM +0300, Алексей wrote:
>I can't set the MTU in the eth0 configuration. I can probably write a pre-up
>directive in the configuraion of the first vlan interface however I'm not sure
>if this is correct way. Probably someone can advice better one?

You can do it with a pre-up to set the mtu of the base device. Once you
set the base device to 9000 or whatever, you'll want to set the mtu on
all of the other devices to the original value.

Mike Stone