Re: Question about /proc/loadavg

[...]
> Hi Martin,
>
> can you show real data from /proc/loadavg output? Which column do you
> compare?

I' talking about the 1/5/15 minute numbers.

> I wouldn't worry about difference in /proc/loadavg because everything is
> different between RHEL/CentOS 6 and Debian 9 - kernel, Apache version,
> different patches, etc. For example if I/O is faster on Debian 9 then
> it's normal to have higher CPU load on the server, if I understood you
> correctly.

I'm aware there are differences. But both Apache HTTP versions (2.2 and 2.4, both in prefork mode) are running at an almost identical configuration, same content, same (virtual) hardware. In top(1) I can see, user, system, idle and wait are quite equal to each other. What I'm curious about is, how can this loadavg numbers then be _that_ different.

> Kind regards
> Georgi

Thanks, Martin