a dh keys question?

Hi everyone,
While the question seems simple, at least to me, the reason behind it is complicated. so I am hoping to focus on the question first. During the dh key exchange process, where do the user dh key packets come from software wise? I have a problem now where each place I try to visit using my ssh client, and my sftp one, I am getting a dh key exchange failure.
using the -v command  is not shedding light on the issue.
I am using the same client now to reach another service, but here we use a different port from port 22. the error started on the 29th of June, and the company providing my dsl service did claim to have a service issue on that day.
However they do not speak Linux let alone anything else Unusual.
Thoughts?