Re: Car Audio USB Jacks

On 2018-07-27, Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ml.dbn.25@letterboxes.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2018, at 09:00, Curt wrote:
>
>> wav is lossless, I believe, not lossy, but your tongue (or some digits) probably
>> slipped.
>
> Wrong.

All right.

> Wav is a container format, which can contain compressed or uncompressed
> audio.  The compressed stuff may be lossy or not.  And... anyone could add
> at any time a new format so even if lossy compression wasn't allowed now
> (though it is, you can have mp3 data in .wav files) that doesn't mean it can't
> happen in future.
>
> See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV

mp3 in a wav container. I once rode a pony in the flatbed of a moving pickup,
so I suppose many things are possible without being very common.

I'm reading "typically uncompressed audio" and "the most common WAV
audio format is uncompressed audio" at the link above. But thanks for
the heads up.

I probably should've said, "wav is typically a lossless container
format." Or something. (Or nothing!)

--
Boris sober and Boris drunk are such different people, they’ve never even met.
-- Sergei Dovlatov, Pushkin Hills