Re: Car Audio USB Jacks

On 2018-07-27, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,

> Curt wrote:
>> > wav is lossless, I believe, not lossy,
>
> Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
>> Wav is a container format, which can contain compressed or uncompressed
>> audio.
>
> Yes. But in the case of CD-DA it is always uncompressed. That's why i
> called it "quite a wasteful way of storing sound".

Yeah, I was going to say something to the effect that within the context
of the thread the OP certainly ripped lossless wavs. But then I told
myself, "Just be wrong, Curt, completely, utterly, unqualifiedly, and
enjoy it for once!"

> Whether thie counts as "lossless" in the sense of High Fidelity is a matter
> of definition. A sampling rate of 44100 Hz for 16 bit gives just a rough
> assessment of the physical phenomenon of sound. But human ears are even
> rougher than that. So only the most die-hard audiophiles will complain.

I guess you need the die-hard hardware before getting die-hard about it on
the level of your auditory nerves.

--
Boris sober and Boris drunk are such different people, they’ve never even met.
-- Sergei Dovlatov, Pushkin Hills