Wrapping lines, was Re: BTRFS and debian

On Sat 14 Jul 2018 at 19:50:03 (+1000), Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 05:59:58PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> > >
> > > zfs send (and of course filesystem snaphotting) ftw!
> > > (I'm just learning about zfs btw, intending a home rollout in the
> > > coming weeks.)
> >
> > ZFS is killer technology.  zfs-fuse is sawed off.  ZOL rocks, but the license keeps it out of Debian.  We'll see if
> > and when btrfs catches up.
>
> (Do you know why your mail client (or perhaps server) wraps at 115
> chars? 72 or 69 or even 80 would be much better...)

Your own mail client is doing this. You need to find out how to set
the wrapping value. In mutt, you might add the line

set	reflow_wrap=80

to your configuration file. (Seems unlikely though, as your client
appears not to report itself, as mutt would do.)

What's actually contained in David's email is:

"ZFS is killer technology.  zfs-fuse is sawed off.  ZOL rocks, but the "
"license keeps it out of Debian.  We'll see if and when btrfs catches up."

(I put the quotation marks round each line.) Note the space at the end
of the first line, which indicates that the next line is a continuation
of this one.

Why is this happening? Because David's email header contains:

It's the format=flowed that's making *your* email client reflow
the text as required, but unfortunately to ~115 character lines
rather than what you would prefer.

Cheers,
David.