Re: increasing size of /run

On 2018-07-13, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:

> Adam Weremczuk (2018-07-13):
>> What's the safest and quickest way to temporarily triple the size of /run=
>  ?
>
> Do not.

Why not (not a rhetorical question)?

man logind.conf

  RuntimeDirectorySize=
    Sets the size limit on the $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR runtime directory for each user who logs in.
    Takes a size in bytes, optionally suffixed with the usual K, G, M, and T suffixes, to the
    base 1024 (IEC). Alternatively, a numerical percentage suffixed by "%" may be specified,
    which sets the size limit relative to the amount of physical RAM. Defaults to 10%. Note that
    this size is a safety limit only. As each runtime directory is a tmpfs file system, it will
    only consume as much memory as is needed.

Here they say this value may be increased safely.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Profile-sync-daemon#I_need_more_memory_to_accommodate_my_profile.2Fprofiles_in_.2Frun.2Fuser.2Fxxxx._How_can_I_allocate_more.3F

Maybe I'm mixed up or something (or they're wrong, or some confusing mixture of
the two).