increasing size of /run

Hi all,

I have a one off big job (full AIDE report on millions of files) which I'm trying to run on old Debian 7.1.
The system uses 2 physical disks and physical volumes, no LVM.
It has 8GB or RAM and 32GB of swap which appears to be just enough.
After running for a couple of days the job failed when it filled all the space on /run

I came across information that the size of /run is hard coded to be 10% of RAM.
It would makes sense as it's currently showing as 800MB:

Filesystem     Type   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs          tmpfs  793M  264K  793M   1% /run

I have no entry for /run in /etc/fstab so decided to look into /usr/share/initramfs-tools/init
To my surprise the line was showing 20%, not 10%:

mount -t tmpfs -o "nosuid,size=20%,mode=0755" tmpfs /run

I've changed it to 60% (hoping to triple the size) and rebooted but the size of /run hasn't changed.

What's the safest and quickest way to temporarily triple the size of /run ?

Thanks,
Adam