Re: Slow reaction when accessing /tmp

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:33:21AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I work on my work laptop (testing), home laptop(sid) and home desktop
> (sid)  - all of them with XFCE4.  On two other servers at work we use
> Stable without an X11 environment.
>
> On my work laptop when I access /tmp/ for anything it can take up to
> more than a minute before I get reaction.  This is not the case of the
> other computers.  Example from this morning - after I unzipped a file
> to /tmp (which did not take too long and created 8 gzipped files and
> two csv-files):
>
> js@sitasie /tmp 10:24:50> chmod 666 WR*.gz
> js@sitasie /tmp 10:26:03>
>
> On the work laptop I use /usr/bin/fizsh as $SHELL.
> I have no idea what is causing this and how to solve it.

Is your work computer connected to an LDAP for directory information or
joined to an Active Directory via Samba?  Alternately, does your
/etc/resolv.conf specify DNS servers that cannot be reached when you
experience the delay?  Also, what are the contents of /etc/nsswitch.conf
on your system?

Regards,

-Roberto

--