Re: How to"apt update" from an USB key ?

On 07/12/2018 12:47 PM, Brian wrote:

You can now access packages on DVD-1. But what about DVD-2, DVD-3 etc?
If not having a network connection is to be a feature of this machine,
you could consider having as many DVDs as you want on the hard disk or
on a USB stick. You might find the Installation section of the wiki
gives a relatively easy way to do this with a single entry in the
sources.list, rather than with separate entries.
Thank you very much. Sorry, I cannot explore this way these days,  I have lost too much time now !

I'll also mention that you should really ammend the comment you made in
bug #872543 to point out it was the result of a user error.

Sure !