Re: Slow reaction when accessing /tmp

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:33:21AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
I work on my work laptop (testing), home laptop(sid) and home desktop
(sid)  - all of them with XFCE4.  On two other servers at work we use
Stable without an X11 environment.

On my work laptop when I access /tmp/ for anything it can take up to
more than a minute before I get reaction.  This is not the case of the
other computers.  Example from this morning - after I unzipped a file
to /tmp (which did not take too long and created 8 gzipped files and
two csv-files):

js@sitasie /tmp 10:24:50> chmod 666 WR*.gz
js@sitasie /tmp 10:26:03>

On the work laptop I use /usr/bin/fizsh as $SHELL.
I have no idea what is causing this and how to solve it.

Any help would be appreciated.

No ideas just yet, but some more information might help.
What filesystem is /tmp using (findmnt /tmp)
Does this only apply to chmod operations, or to all file operations (creating files, renaming files, deleting files)? Does this only happen at the shell, or does a graphical file manager (e.g. Thunar) suffer similar issues?

Regards
Johann.
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)

--
For more information, please reread.