Re: How to"apt update" from an USB key ?

On Wed 11 Jul 2018 at 23:53:59 +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:

> On 07/11/2018 03:14 PM, Curt wrote:
> > On 2018-07-11, Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu> wrote:
> > > On an ultraslim (ACER swift 3) I have no CDROM no Ethernet, only an USB key.
> > > I have installed stretch (without GUI) from the USB key, and now I want
> > > to install connman, but I do not success to apt-cdrom on an USB.
> > > I have googled but did not find a correct howto to do that...
> > Not clear what's on the stick; I assume it's DVD1 (or CD1). (I mean if
> > you're trying to use apt-cdrom with the stick and the machine has no
> > internet connection and you installed from the stick this is my
> > assumption.
> Yes, your assumption is right. I have created the USB stick  with dd .iso
> ->usb.
> I thank very much John, Darac y Roberto, but it is not my problem.
> >    Others seem to have assumed other things. As I have a very
> > low assumption batting average lately I hesitate slightly to join the
> > fray.)
> >
> > (copied from a post by UK Brian--I think there's only one over there)
> >
> >   First adjust sources.list to only have
> >
> >     deb [ trusted=yes ] file:/media/DVD-1/ stretch main
> >
> > ("trusted" avoids warnings about unauthenticated packages--you trust
> > the iso on the stick, we assume.)
> >
> >   Make the DVD-1 directory:
> >
> >     mkdir /media/DVD-1/
> >
> >   and insert the USB stick. Obtain the device name from dmesg or lsblk.
> >   Then (for example)
> >
> >     mount /dev/sdg1 /media/DVD-1/
> >
> > apt update; apt install connman
> >
> Merci  beucoup, Curt I had seen this kind of solution, but it did not work
> as I had not discovered the "trusted" option.
> Now, I have to understand why it says me :
>
> Malformed line 6 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse)

URI parse - apt does not understand the URI you have in sources.list.

> when my line 6 is :
>
> deb [trusted=yes] file:/media/cdrom/ stretch main

Did you type this into your mail or was it a copy and paste? (The URI
above works for me).

> And if I remove the , I get the message about file not signed...
>  [trusted=yes

If you get this message then apt finds the URI acceptable. If the URI
is not ok, it won't get this far.

I doubt that bug #872543 has anthing to do with your issue.

--
Brian.