Re: Nvidia drivers

Hey all,

On Fri, 2018-07-06 at 11:37 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> nVidia have made changes to the driver that negate the effects of a
> change in the kernel.
>
> So, it appears to be 'six of one, half a dozen of the other'.  That
> said, maybe nVidia should have kept a closer eye on kernel changes to
> mitigate this problem.

	Thanks for the clarification. I'm no kernel hacker myself, so
sadly I can't really get a grasp on what happened, so this is good
enough =)

> It's strange also that nobody using sid /seems/ to have been affected
> by
> the problem.  Or maybe they were, knew the workaround and forgot to
> report the bug.  Who knows?....

	IIRC someone said earlier on this thread (and I've also seen the
same in other threads about this problem, including the package
maintainers) that the 390.67-2 solved this problem. Since that's the
version that is in sid, that explains why sid doesn't have this issue.

	In any case, using the workaround worked for me. It caused GNOME
to take a very long time to load, but I'm assuming that's GNOME's fault.

Thanks all!

Francisco