Re: Nvidia drivers

On 7/5/18 5:42 PM, Francisco Mariano-Neto wrote:
Hey all,

	I'm running kernel 4.15 with nvidia-driver 390.48-3 with no
problems. However, recently my kernel was automatically upgraded to 4.16
and it broke the nvidia driver.

	Running 'dkms autoinstall --all' does not help, it complains
about not finding kernel headers (which are installed) and quits.

	Any ideas on how I can rebuild the kernel module for the new
kernel version?

Thanks
Francisco

This requires a workaround, a kernel parameter at boot.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="slab_common.usercopy_fallback=y"

Edit the config file like this,

$sudo gedit /etc/default/grub

Then run $sudo update-grub.