Re: USB "null modem" cables and related Linux driver questions

On 06/18/2018 07:17 AM, David wrote:
On 1 June 2018 at 00:21, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

I have two computers with USB ports.
I wish them to communicate as simply as mid-20th-century computers did.

What is the make and model number of each computer?

No longer a relevant question.
I have purchased a cable based on the Prolific PL-25A1 chipset.
Current kernels can make it look like an Ethernet connection.
Once I finish some configuration homework {primary motivation has shifted to education} I'll be able to have a client-server setup.