Re: Brightness at 100% after every reboot.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 01:50:55 +1000
Zenaan Harkness <zenaan@freedbms.net> wrote:

> Your desktop (Gnome, XFCE, KDE etc) should have a brightness app and
> a session manager which, when you log out, knows to signal the apps
> to store their relevant settings so that those settings are
> re-applied when you next log in.

It is XFCE and there is Power Manager which allows to change the
brightness. However since I upgraded from Jessie to Stretch the
brightness settings are not preserved between the sessions (after
reboot the brightness is at 100%). In Jessie there was no issue.

> Another "problem" which can happen - if you set internal laptop LCD
> to zero brightness, then suspend, then unsuspend, brightness in some
> configs gets set back to 100% - but this is so that user knows to
> enter e.g. password to unlock the screen, which might be challenging
> if it is set to zero brightness...

I always sets about 50% so for me it would be no issue. The issue is
that it is always 100% and hurts my eyes. Maybe I should report this as
a bug.

Regards,
Piotr