Re: Sata health

On Thursday 14 June 2018 14:28:19 Richard Hector wrote:

> On 15/06/18 04:30, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > So thats progress, now if I could just get apt to refresh its repo
> > listings.  That too is a question asked somewhere above. And since
> > I'm running dd-wrt in my router, I am convinced its related the the
> > name change, and dd-wrt doesn't have a clue what enp**0 is thats
> > trying to hack its way out to the net.  Funny part is that firefox
> > goes anyplace I point it at.
>
> Why would your router care what another machine calls its network
> interface? It doesn't even care what operating system it's running. Or
> is it interface names on dd-wrt you're talking about?
>
> Richard

Nope. Nothing has been changed there except the location of the new
drive, after a 2nd new cable to the cage everything is happy from about
3 hours worth of upgrading, and copying the data from my home tree to
the new drive. mc was reporting up to 190 megs a second for some of the
bigger files, which is pretty good for spinning rust and a 10 yo
motherboard.

This time neither apt nor synaptic had any problem refreshing the repo
lists, both Just Worked! Go figure, but I'm not going to look this gift
horse in the mouth. So whatever it was has fixed itself.

Now I have to see if I have the correct keys for trinity access, synaptic
didn't seem to think so. I changed just the "wheezy" for "stretch" in
the  deb line, and I didn't think that would change the key. But it
appears it has.

Get that sorted, then get it installed, and copy the email corpus across
and I'll be at least half way home. Then build a new copy of the amanda
server and install that, along with its crontab commands.

But now its dinner time, and I've got to see what I have that both fits
in the skillet, and suits my sickly (COPD) lady. Tomorrow is another
day.

Thanks Richard.
--
Cheers, Gene Heskett