Sata health

Greetings all;

Does wheezy have a utility that can scan the sata bus, reporting on the
health of the hardware, doing it in such a way as to not trigger an
endless loop of resets for a device that may not have a good
interconnecting cable?

I have a hot swap cage, 3 drive model, and the central pocket is still
not properly responding even with a new cable between it and the mobo's
array of sockets.  As far as I know, there are no "active" devices in
this data path. Being able to scan for proper function might give a clue
where the problem lies.

I'm going to shut down and replace that cable again. Thats a cast iron
bitch as the cages rear connectors have to be accessed from the
motherboard side of this 27" tall tower, but I need to find the fault.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)