Re: Hibernation does not work after upgrade to Stretch

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:12:42 +0200
Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 12. Juni 2018, 17:31:44 CEST schrieb Piotr:
> Same here, just almost since a year. I doubt, this will be fixed. As far as I
> read, this is too difficult for the developers, due to the very different
> hardware. The problem is, the playing together with kernel, hardware and
> hibernation software is too complex, so there is only little chance, this bug
> can be dfixed at all.
>
> Sorry, to disappoint you at the moment.

It is pity that it worked well with Jessie with no hardware change. Somebody told me that I should try different kernel versions, but even the latest does not work. It was nice to have a hibernate to disk, but now I have to live without it. Luckily debian starts fast on my old laptop,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Piotr