Hibernation does not work after upgrade to Stretch

Dear all,

Recently I upgraded my Jessie to Stretch and since then I do not have working hibernation.

When I do hibernate-disk, then it seems to be making a memory snapshot,
but when I restart I gets a hang up with a black screen or reboot
(depends on which kernel version I use). Already tried with
4.16.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae, 4.16.0-0.bpo.1-686-pae and with
linux-image-3.16.0-5-686-pae.

How should I debug this issue and fix it?

Regards,
Piotr