Re: self identifying computer

On 6/5/2018 12:56 AM, mick crane wrote:
I changed the domain name for couple of home computers from "local" to "home"
one of them is win 10 PC.
I have ipfire box doing hopefully firewall and DNS and so while I changed domain I let all get address from its DHCP and gave them fixed leases.
I have 2 debian PCs
I try to find IP address of a cheap IP cctv camera I just bought with no instructions.
I do "nmap -sn 10.0.0.0/16" to see if camera shows up
oddly finds PCs but gets "I'm here" from the windows PC but on the old IP address I had previously given it in windows networking thingamyjig.

any idea where this identification might be hanging about ?
everything works but it just doesn't look very tidy.

I should point out I don't really know what I'm doing.

Welcome to the club, we've all been there!!! :)

You should look on the device on which you change the TLDS (local > home) for the dhcp leases and the log.

--
John Doe