Re: Display image after resume

On 04/06/18 10:03, Jim Popovitch wrote:
What produces the desktop image that is displayed immediately after
resuming from hibernation?
When resuming, I see the following in order:
       1. the boot screen
       2. a blank screen
       3. the actual desktop (live or a snapshot of it)
       4. the lockscreen password prompt
What I would like to do is prevent the actual desktop, or the
screenshot of it, from appearing after the system boots from
hibernation.
-Jim P.

- What is your desktop?
- Are you using systemd?
- How do you initiate hibernation? Via the desktop or via a keyboard or chassis button?
- Which screen locker do you use? (e.g. light-locker or xscreensaver?)

This looks like a race condition in which system is hibernated before your screen is locked. I saw this for suspend when I let systemd manage my power button. My solution was to edit/etc/systemd/logind.conf to set HandlePowerKey=ignore and to let Xfce handle locking and suspend and Xfce Power Manager / Security / "Lock screen when system is going for sleep"). I use xscreensaver.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director