Re: USB "null modem" cables and related Linux driver questions

On 06/01/2018 01:27 AM, deloptes wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

I have two computers with USB ports.
I wish them to communicate as simply as mid-20th-century computers did.
Then we used RS232-C with a null modem &/or  appropriate software
software at both ends.

J., why not take a crossover cable - all pcs have now ethernet port

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable

Some combinations require crossover cable, some don't.
I investigated that and wen so fa as to purchase a {still shrink wrapped} 8-port switch as a solution. Decided clutter not worth it.