Re: File managers show files and directories in reverse order.........

Am Dienstag 29 Mai 2018 schrieb Charlie S:
> On Tue, 29 May 2018 11:51:31 +0200 Siard sent:
> > > But when I go Ctrl-O when in Kate or Lyx the order is reversed.
> >
> > I tried Kate. To reverse the order, click the 'Name' header.
> > Note the small black triangle at the right side of the header
> > pointing up or down.
>
> 	After contemplation, my reply is:
>
> Thank you Siard.
>
> It must be an idiosyncrasy of FVWM, that it doesn't show that little
> spin control there?
>
> I just tried it again in both programs to be certain. There is nothing
> there, and no matter what I point and click on, there is nothing that
> will change the order of the directories and files.
>
> I have no idea what file manager they use.
>
> I have tried  aptitude search file-manager and aptitude search
> filemanager and apt policy filemanager and many others ways including
> which filemanager and all different ways of speling.
>
> But I can't find what file managers are installed to see which one
> might be being used and need configuring. All those requests come up
> empty.
>
> I wonder how one discovers what file managers there are installed on
> this system. I suppose have to name each one and see which are installed
> that way.
>
> No joy yet.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Charlie

On my system here is also a configuration option in the opening dialog of kate
next to the field where the directory is shown. There, in a submenu, I can
choose that directories be shown first. Also, with F12 as a hotkey, directories
will be shown in a separate area of the open file dialog.

Hope, this helps
Stefan