Upgrade from Jessie to Stretch: Bluetooth mouse is not working.

Dear all,

Recently I upgraded from Jessie to Stretch in order to be able to install new
package versions.
The upgrade seems to be successful (I did not have any errors in the process),
but I noticed that the Blue tooth mouse is not working (it was working fine in
Jessie).

I am using USB dongle for blue-tooth connections. I can pair the mouse and
connect to it. However moving a mouse and/or clicking has no effect (cursor
stays where it was, clicks are not recognized).

I would include more info (output from some commands, logs), however I am not
sure what is relevant, so I would need some guidance in this.

Kind regards,
Piotr

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 9.4
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-6-686-pae (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.utf8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_US:en (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)