Re: Update on my update problem with gnome system.

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 09:31:14PM +0300, Abdullah Ramazanoğlu wrote:
> apt or apt-get upgrade does upgrade in passive mode: It never install new
> packages, never removes existing ones. Just upgrades existing ones as far as
> possible.

That's incorrect.  One of the differences between apt and apt-get is
that apt WILL install new packages when doing "apt upgrade" (but it
will not remove existing packages).

Another difference is that apt will remove all of the .deb files from
/var/cache/apt/archives that were downloaded for the CURRENT apt command
session (but will not remove any that were already there).  (This
behavior can be changed in a config file.)