Re: Update on my update problem with gnome system.

Matthew Dyer wrote:
> Mornning all,
>

> A few days ago I reported a  problem whare the gnome testing system
> which I am now using to write this message.  Here is the resault.
>

> I did a clean install of the system using the alfa testing image.  I
> then edited the sources list and changed the lines from buster to
> testing.  I then did a sudo apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade which
> installed the securety updates it found yesterday.  his morning I did
> the same command and here is the output from that update.
>

> root@matt-the-cat:/home/matthew# apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
> Hit:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security testing/updates InRelease
> Hit:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing InRelease
> Reading package lists... Done
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Done
> root@matt-the-cat:/home/matthew#
>
> Any ideas on why this is happens?  If any one has any ideas on how to
> fix this without having to reinstall.
>

>> root@matt-the-cat:/home/matthew# apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
>> Hit:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security testing/updates InRelease
>> Hit:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing InRelease
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Calculating upgrade... Done
>> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>> root@matt-the-cat:/home/matthew#
>   reinstall please let me know as it is really strange.  My mate system
> does not have this problem.  Thanks.

  it looks like your /etc/apt/sources.list file doesn't
contain all the lines for testing or they are improperly
formed?

mine look like:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security testing/updates main contrib non-free