Re: Correct: System Thinks Hardware Clock is UTC

On Sun, 20 May 2018 12:10:01 -0700 Patrick Bartek said:

> On Sat, 19 May 2018 03:52:27 +0300 Abdullah Ramazanoğlu
> <ar018@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 18 May 2018 17:13:07 -0700 Patrick Bartek said:
> >
> > > I could use hwclock --set --date=<yadda yadda> with the --localtime
> > > option, etc., to correct this but is there an easier way?
> >
> > # dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
> >
> > should do it, I think.
>
> tzdata sets the local time zone. Mine is correctly set  The
> problem is the system "thinks" the hardware clock is set to UTC when
> It's really set to local time. So, the time shown for my local time
> zone is incorrect.
>
> Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

You are welcome. :)

So, your original idea of using "hwclock --set --date --localtime" seems to be
the best way.

Alternatively, you might try replaying the question-answer sequence regarding
RTC at install time.

~$ dpkg -S /sbin/hwclock
util-linux: /sbin/hwclock

Perhaps "dpkg-reconfigure util-linux" might cause the same install-time
question be asked again (presumably along with other questions).

Regards
--
Abdullah Ramazanoğlu