Re: USB Install Fails, Complains about CD-ROM

On Mon 14 May 2018 at 18:13:08 (+0200), Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike Kupfer wrote:
> > I'm booting using EFI.
>
> So this could be a problem with GRUB about how it leaves the USB stick
> after having loaded kernel and initrd from it.
>
> The volatility of success and failure still gives me riddles. But if you
> can reproduce failure within a bearable number of tries, then it could
> be indeed a topic for grub-devel mailing list.

I read it as meaning that the USB stick works as a live system
(first boot), but not as an installer (second boot).

Which makes me wonder about earlier discussions (maybe months ago)
concerning whether installing Debian from a live stick can be
problematical (though I don't remember the nature of the problems
people had). I've never tried it.

Cheers,
David.