Re: STRANGE problem reaching https://manpages.debian.org/

Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'm running Debian 9 installed via netinst in February with some
> packages added via Synaptic and run neither Update nor Upgrade explicitly.
>
> My browser is SeaMonkey 2.49.1 downloaded from
> https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ . I have no
> add-ins/add-ons/extensions/etc installed.i
> [...]
> This morning I'd visited a site which required JavaScript.
> Without having disabled JavaScript I attempted to visit
> https://manpages.debian.org/ .
> It never loaded. There were NO error messages.

Hm, worked fine here, although I only have ff (59.0.2) with ublock
(although it's stating nothing was blocked).

The page does load some javascript though -- looks to do something with
the fonts / css, but it's been a while since I've used JS (and I hated
it with a passion back then, most of the offending language has been
scrubbed from my memory with copious amounts of liquor).

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947