Re: Dead computer after system shutdown. - Resolved for Now

Thomas George wrote:
> Box is between two tables but managed to remove side cover and with
> mirror confirmed green light on motherboard. Unplugged power cord, green
> light goes out, reconnected power, green light on and power switch
> works, BIOS message Asus surge protection shut system down because of
> unstable power supply..
>
> My records show I assembled this box from components in 2008. Should I
> be worried? Expected lifetimes of cpu, mb, power supply?

  when is last time you changed cmos battery for it?

  otherwise how is the system connected to house power
supply?  have there been any storms lately?  around
here we've had some power failures lately and the UPS
has let me shut down ok.

  songbird