Re: Debian home security programs?

On 05/04/2018 12:09 AM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am wondering, given how flexible Debian can be, if this idea is possible? If it does not already exist? I now live  in an apartment  above a business that closes very early. One thing I miss from my old dwelling  is a sort of intercom where  people would buzz my code  which dialed my land line   phone allowing me to communicate with them before, at that time, letting them in the building. So, I am wondering if I could combine a Linux home security program with a wireless intercom,  or doorbell / intercom combination that might create the same effect? I am not interested in video, just a way to  connect  with a person at my door if that makes sense.
thoughts?
Karen

For ideas look at
https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=%2B%22wifi%22%20%2B%22doorbell%22