Re: Debian mirror problem? was [Re: Debian glossary?]

On 05/03/2018 12:28 PM, Brian wrote:
On Thu 03 May 2018 at 09:27:52 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]

My interpretation is that on my original visit I saw a defective mirror.

If a similar symptom appears in the future, is there any way to determine
which mirror I'm seeing?

I use Firefox. Prior to activating a link I would do

  netstat -tulpan | grep ESTABLISHED.*firefox

Immediately after activation, the command would be repeated. 'whois'
would then dtermine what has been connected to.

David has likely spotted my problem.
Getting to get familiar with netstat will be valuable.
Thank you.