Re: Debian glossary?

On Mon 30 Apr 2018 at 15:15:41 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 04/30/2018 11:58 AM, Brian wrote:
> >On Mon 30 Apr 2018 at 09:27:02 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> >[snip]
> >>
> >>You have identified a documentation bug!
> >
> >No, I haven't. You may think *you* have, but you haven't.
> >
> >>The relevant line of the HTML of
> >>https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/coreutils/ls.1.en.html is
> >>
> >></a></h1>
> >>GNU coreutils online help: &lt;<a href="http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/";>http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/</a>
> >>
> >>and www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/ gives no navigational guidance.
> >>

> *YES*
> *YOU* have identified a bug.
> Just not the one either of us thought we were discussing.

I only saw a misunderstanding of how man pages impart information.

> Carefully read the quoted HTML.
> There be a missing "ls".

I'm not in the habit of reading HTML but I went to your reference
and it looks like your quotation is rendered as:

    REPORTING BUGS

    GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>

This is exactly what's written at the end of the local man page too.
Clicking on this link takes me (after allowing an automatic redirect) to:
https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/coreutils.html

where there's a bug reporting section a little over halfway down the page:

    Bug Reports

    If you think you have found a bug in Coreutils, then …

> I suspect a corrupt mirror.

Why? Where is the "ls" string missing from?

> Have *NO* idea how to verify.
> Will try at a similar time tomorrow.

You can compare the webpage above with the output of
$ man ls
yourself at any time of day.

> Is there any way to establish *EXACTLY* which mirror I'm viewing?

Cheers,
David.