Re: Debian glossary?

On 04/30/2018 07:27 AM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
Oh, and PS: it is not very clear to me in what you wrote what you are having
trouble understanding -- if you are seeking answers, maybe you should ask more
clearly.

 From my peanut gallery observation of this thread, I think one of your
problems is that the device you are tying to use (to install Linux, iirc?) is
mounted with the nodev option, which, somebody explained in a followup post,
is not what you want to use.

Are you familiar with the mstab, fstab, mount, and umount commands?  I think
it would be helpful if you were...

*ROFL* Them be motivation for my post ;{
When I wrote "... a gentleman replied with the proper syntax for one command", I was referring to that post. It solved _one_ of my problems.

Based on 50+ years of hitting "corner cases" while trouble shooting in various disciplines, I've cleared hard disk space on another machine to avoid attempting to use a flash drive as a debootstrap target.

Sometimes automount and cousins are convenient. Other times %@%$^$!*() ;/