Debian glossary?

Debian documentation NOT written for hoi polloi.

I've been trying to debug my usage of debootstrap.
Therefore been reading many man pages - often with incomplete comprehension.
E.G. In reply to one of my questions a gentleman replied with the proper syntax for one command. He followed it with several quotations from a man page [subtle hint to read same ;]. I replied that I had read the man page, but even after reading his excerpts I still didn't comprehend.

This morning's partial set of items I do not grok include:
<problems described in {...}>

Partial output of "mount -l" is
"/dev/sdc1 on /media/richard/rco1 type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered,uhelper=udisks2) [rco1]".

{ (...) Although I can interpret many items, several I can't. I suspect (...) is trying to tell me something by which items are/aren't listed.}

Output of "ls -Rdl /media/richard/rco1" is
"drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Apr 28 23:49 /media/richard/rco1".

{ In "drwxr-xr-x 3", what do "d" and "3" tell me? }

https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/mount/mount.8.en.html says in part:
/begin quote
strictatime
Allows to explicitly request full atime updates. This makes it possible for the kernel to default to relatime or noatime but still allow userspace to override it. For more details about the default system mount options see /proc/mounts.
/end quote

{ Having used a file manager to look at /proc/mounts without comprehension, I interpreted the context of "/proc/mounts" to indicate that there would be a reference to it elsewhere in https://manpages.debian.org . Nope. }

https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/mount/mount.8.en.html makes several references to "block special device".
{ "block special device" ??? }

Man pages by their nature/purpose assume a certain level of expertise.
They can be daunting for the uninitiated.

Comments?