Re: Debian glossary?

On Monday, April 30, 2018 07:46:01 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
> Debian documentation NOT written for hoi polloi.

> Man pages by their nature/purpose assume a certain level of expertise.
> They can be daunting for the uninitiated.
>
> Comments?

True.  Have you read one or more general introductions to Linux (I have none
to suggest at the momen).

Man pages are (or were, at least) intended to be more reminders for people
that have at least a basic understanding of the command (or subject) rather
than a tool to learn about it from scratch.

(When I switched from Windows to LInux, I found it very frustrating until I
read several introductions to Linux (of various sorts, including at least
skimming some thick books full of commands), and, I joined a local LUG.)